29905560

Employment Tribunal Case Management Order week 4. "The

Customer Question

Employment Tribunal
Case Management Order week 4.
"The claimant shall set out in writing what remedy the tribunal is being asked to award. The claimant shall send a copy to the respondent. The claimant shall include any evidence and documentation supporting what is claimed and how it is calculated."
I have set out what the remedy required is as below.
£11000 compensatory award.
£1392 based on basic award.
£7608 other damages.
What evidence and documentation is required to support the claim at this stage?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please provide a breakdown of how you calculated these figures? I will then consider the situation and get back to you this afternoon thanks
JACUSTOMER-amavghei- :

I calculated the compensatory and basic figures for the period I was unemployed.

JACUSTOMER-amavghei- :

The discrimatory figure was random

JACUSTOMER-amavghei- :

I was advised by ACAS to ask my employer for a remedy. I had initially asked for a remedy for £20000. I wasn't aware at the time of what I could ask for. When it progressed to tribunal I maintained that figure.

JACUSTOMER-amavghei- :

The other damages figure, I have not specified detail for.

JACUSTOMER-amavghei- :

The other damages figure is £20000 minus the figures for compensatory and basic award.

Ben Jones :

Hello and thanks for your patience. For the compensatory award you need to have a breakdown of how you had arrived at that figure (for example X number of weeks unemployed paid at Y weekly, gives the final figure). You should include copies of a recent payslip to show what your weekly pay was.

Similarly you need to have a breakdown of the basic award and how it was calculated. The evidence there would be the same.

However you would also be expected to justify that you have been unemployed for that time and that you have not received any benefits. So if you have received benefits, like jobseekers allowance or others you would have to take these off from the compensatory award and include copies of the benefit breakdowns you have received.

You would also be expected to show that you have made attempts to mitigate your losses by looking for other employment – you have a duty to find a new job and if you cannot show that you have tried your compensation can be limited. So this would be copies of any job applications, or other evidence that you have been looking for work, like signing on at the Job Centre, etc.

I hope this clarifies your position? If you could please quickly let me know that would be great, as it is important for us to keep track of customer satisfaction. Thank you

JACUSTOMER-amavghei- :

I have also stated a figure for other damages. I had not specified what those other damages are for the employer. I would present that as racial discrimination. Is there a way to calculate this figure. I had specified £7608.

Ben Jones :

you have to justify anything you claim - if there was no race discrimination claim initially you cannot just claim that now - did you initially claim it in the claim form?

Ben Jones :

Hi, did you initially make that claim fr racial discrimination in the original claim form?