29905560

i had started a job end December/January and have been accommodating

Customer Question

i had started a job end December/January and have been accommodating to practices needs as contracted to do 2 days a week and was doing more and covering for co-workers off sick at last minute notice, and manning the reception last minute with 1/2 days training. i have today received an email of dismissal....
the only reason i can think of being that the boss and i had a disagreement concerning the use if out of date material ( job was in a private dentist practice). to this a meeting was held where i was shouted at with the boss stating she was the boss and i didnt need to tell her, and that that i should continue to offer the out of date products. i stated that i was bringing it to her attention and i would much rather bring it to her attention and have it be dismissed then not do so and have her angry if it came up and i never brought it to her attention. also i had been working 10 hour days if not more with sometimes only 30mins for lunch to which she stated this is how things are.
i have emailed back to ask for the reasons of my dismissal and my timesheets to whih i am still awaiting a reply.
any advice would be greatly appreciated
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What specific queries do you have about this please?
JACUSTOMER-24eyuvqv- :

what are my rights and what comes under unfair dismissal... can my x boss do this

Ben Jones :

what is the issue with using the out of date products - is that illegal, is it a health and safety matter, for example?

Ben Jones :

Hello, did you saw my follow up query above please?