29905560

I presently work 3 days a week Mon Tue Fri asked to reduce

Customer Question

I presently work 3 days a week Mon Tue Fri asked to reduce to Mon and Tue but was told unable to agree to losing a Fri due to business needs, so advised line manager considering resigning. Now found out that my replacement will not be working a Fri. Is this constructive dismissal and what if any rights do I have. Based on this I have not yet submitted my written notice which I was going to do today.
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
JACUSTOMER-ue3qtqnj- : Over 47 years!,
Ben Jones :

Wow, that is probably the longest service I have seen in many years. When you say you had a replacement, why was that – why did the employer get a replacement for you, is that after you told the you would be resigning and they got someone else to cover your job?

JACUSTOMER-ue3qtqnj- : Yes I had advised her verbally in february but then held back otherwise would lose my bonus therefore have not yet given written notice yet
Ben Jones :

why do you want to reduce your hours?

Ben Jones :

Hello, why do you want to reduce your hours please?