29905560

! Iam nearly 20 weeks pregnant. I have got some statement

Hello!
Iam nearly 20 weeks pregnant.
I have got some statement of fitness for work from my GP.
There is say I got: DIZZINESS IN PREGNANCY, and the comment:
RISK OF FAINTING OR COLLAPSE WHEN STANDING FOR EVEN SHORT PERIODS.
PLEASE PROVIDE SEATED WORK AT ALL TIMES IF POSSIBLE.
Work said there is no seated work available so they changed my work placefrom one standing position to another standing where is the chair available to seat.
But anyway itis still standing.
My question is Can I still expect from the company seated workor they have a right to giveme just a little bit better conditions with a lover risk to hurt myself during collapse.
Thank you Paulina.
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer:

For 3 years

Customer:

It is a full time work. 40 hours per week. They probably going to ask me to go on sick, but my income would be too low. Sick pay is 88 pounds per week and my income from work 232 pounds. So big difference for me.

Customer:

So I need to know what is my rights with this statement of fitness.

Ben Jones :

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I experienced some temporary connection issues and could not get back on the site until now. All appears to be resolved now so I can continue dealing with your query.

All employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees and there are additional duties that apply in respect of new or expectant mothers in the workplace. In general an employer is expected to carry out a risk assessment in the workplace to identify any risks that may affect pregnant women.

Once the employer has been notified of the pregnancy, they are under an obligation to do all that is reasonable to remove or prevent exposure to any significant risk that has been found. Unless the risk can be avoided through other action, the employer must temporarily change the woman's working conditions or hours of work, if this is reasonable and would avoid the risk.

If it is not reasonable to alter the employee's working conditions or hours of work, or if the risk cannot be avoided, the employer must offer the woman suitable alternative work.

If there is no suitable alternative work available, or if the employee reasonably refuses it, the employer must suspend the employee for as long as is necessary to avoid the risk. An employee who is suspended on maternity grounds is entitled to be paid as normal.

You are able to raise a grievance about this with the employer – if the grievance is rejected and the employer does not alter your conditions as recommended by the medical professionals to avoid the risks you can consider making a claim for discrimination.

I hope this clarifies your position? If you could please quickly let me know that would be great, as it is important for us to keep track of customer satisfaction. Thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether you need further help or if I can close the question? Thank you