Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

there,I work big corporate and am trying to

Hi there, I work for a big corporate and am trying to establish typical redundancy arrangements. These are not covered in my current contract. The government information on redundancy pay says I will get my notice period paid plus two weeks' worth of statutory pay (I've been in the company for 2+ years). This seems low to me compared to what I have heard my peers getting (2-3 extra months full pay). What is realistic? What offer should I be prepared for?  Thanks

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What is your age, your exact length of service and your weekly take home pay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

26 years old

2 years 6 months

around 500 a week after tax

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The redundancy payment you are entitled to as a matter of law is £928.
Depending on the circumstances your employer might offer more as part of a settlement agreement, particularly if there is a number of redundancies and the employer wants to have a policy which is outwith what the law requires as a minimum.
Happy to discuss further if you think there are specific circumstances here.