29905560

i work global company since 2010 and my contract sits

i work for a global company since 2010 and my contract sits in the uk .. I am told that my position as manager will go as they want to create a new team at their head office in sweden .. I was told in january this year with no formalality or in writing .. And with other changes it is imminent it will happen.. Problem is i dont know how they will handle my termination or how quickly ... My boss informally gave me indiciation things can happen come july.. My role is a busy operational one and knowing that i will be terminated at any time affect my morale and productivity.. Is my company obliged to inform me as soon as possible given i am in a limbo state with nothing formal being told to me at the moment for the past 3 months, surely the should make formal asap?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. have you contacted your HR department to find out when or if there will be a consultation period for possible redundancy.

Customer: No
Customer: Am i entitled to consultation too
Ben Jones :

Ok thank you leave it with me I need to look up a few things and then get my advice ready.I will post back on here when done there is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded.

Customer: Ok thank you
Ben Jones :

Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately there is nothing in law which can force an employer to proceed with this matter in an expeditious manner, even if you believe to have been placed in limbo so to speak. Your job is still in existence and formally it has not been placed at risk or removed so until any formal steps have been taken to identify it as being at risk the employer does not have to do anything and they just have to let you continue working in that position. Once a formal decision has been made on whether they are going to remove the position or go ahead with any other changes that may affect it, they can place you at risk of redundancy and then the formal redundancy process can commence. I understand that this is somewhat uncertain ad unsettling but you must continue on the assumption that your job is safe for the time being until you are formally advised otherwise by the employer and formally placed at risk of redundancy. That is when the consultation process will commence and things can move to redundancy.

I hope this clarifies your position? If you could please quickly let me know that would be great, as it is important for us to keep track of customer satisfaction. Thank you

Customer: Thank you
Ben Jones : You are welcome, all the best