taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have been accused of calling my boss a in front of

I have been accused of calling my boss a bitch in front of a customer.My boss has stated that my colleagues regularly complain about me ,when asked who they will not validate statement.
How do I go about protecting my job & reputation
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
21.5 years
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Is there any truth to the allegation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not knowingly said it front of a customer
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
but have you mistakenly? Has the employer threatened to take action against you ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is possible ,my boss is going to seek advise from HR.
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
can you tell me a bit more about the circumstances leading to this allegation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was called into my boss's office on return from annual leave.

The allegaed occured on the 19th march but i asked who said i had said this & did not get an answer.

There is a collegue who has probably said something to make them selves look good as they are working in one of the accounts i set up.

Previously this collegue called me a bithch in public which i mentioned to my boss but she just laughed it off.

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Have you denied that this incident occurred? Did you raise a formal grievance about this issue when it first arose?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not raised a formal issue as I was not aware of the allegation until Monday 20th.
As my boss is seeking advise from HR I wanted to know where I stand
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
My advice would be to raise a grievance now about , your boss should really have treated this seriously when you raised it informally. If you believe you are being set up you should set this all out in the grievance.
Your employer will then have a duty to investigate your allegations and to consider them in the context of the allegation against you.
It is likely that this is enough to mean they will not be able to establish 'reasonable belief' that you have done anything wrong.
If they fail to consider your grievance or they go ahead and discipline you regardless then you should appeal against the decision.
If you have any further questions about this please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.