29905560

, I have been asked to attend a meeting this week. the

Customer Question

I have been asked to attend a meeting this week. the meeting states it is informal and I do not need to have representation. The meeting is in writing and states two issues. the meeting will also be held with direct line manager and the director. I have been asked not to discuss it with anyone. I have also been asked to drive 200 miles for the meeting. Additionally I should have been on training on this day and the day after but have been asked to cancel it.
I have tried to call my manager who has refused to talk to me and I can't get any support from anyone including my colleagues..
I have never had any performance issues only ever been told my work is excellent and inspirational.
However a year ago manager who was new to the business tried to remove me via the probation process outside of my probation period. Recently has has employed three new members to the team who a white female in their early years 30's I am 52. Since he started recruiting he has tried to reduce my work and give me some of his admin work. He has referred to me as having dementia, being senile, blonde and a mistress. I feel that he is discriminating against me due to my age and is constructively trying to dismiss me as I now feel that I can no longer work with him. I have watched my back for over a year making sure I have everything right. In the processes he talking about there were other younger people involved and it only me that is being questioned. Can you advise on how on where I stand and how I should present at the meeting this week. I have a feeling they are going to try to either suspend me or manage me out of the business.
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there in total and have you raised a grievance about any of the treatment you have mentioned in your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have worked here 18 months.

I have not raised a grievance yet as I was waiting to see how this meeting went.

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks have you been told what the meeting is about and are there any witnesses to the comments that he have been made that are derogatory about your age?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have them in emails.

To put this in perspective - i am the oldest in the team and the oldest from who my manager has recently recruited. Not just by a couple of years but a significant amount of years.

He has also referred me as being a "mistress" to a work colleague and copied me into the email, which I find offensive.

In terms of the allegations he has only briefed what they are stating there are concerns and he has sought reports. However on 1 issue this has been going on for several months and I have documented evidence of my actions and behaviours (even though I am trying to think what these are). On the second issue I was the final person in the chain, took full advice from expert teams and decisions were made on this. However no one else has been asked to a meeting.

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
so to be clear you have never raised a formal grievance and have evidence in emails of age discrimination.