taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

My employer will only pay me my contract hours whilst in court

My employer will only pay me my contract hours whilst in court but I need to make these hours back up in my rota is this accurate
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What are you in court for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jury duty

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** not actually under any legal duty at all to pay employees who are on jury service.
You are given an allowance from the court service for the jury service which some employers are prepared to 'top up'.
The allowance will be less than your salary.
If your employer is topping up the allowance then in return it is reasonalbe to ask you to make the hours up. You can refuse this and just take the allowance if you wish.
If you have any further questions please ask. If i have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.