taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have been employed by the same UK organisation years.

Customer Question

I have been employed by the same UK organisation for 25 years. Two years ago the role I was in was made redundant and I was given notice of redundancy. However I agreed to stay on for a period of six months in a new role and thereafter stayed on in that role to date.
There was no break in my employment. Will the full 25 years count as continuous service for the purposes of calculating any future redundancy payments?
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you been put at risk of redundancy again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are currently undergoing a restructure and I want to understand my position in advance should my current role be redundant as part of that restructure.

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hi I understand, if there is no break in service then your continuous service would span the entire period of your employment i.e. 25 years.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you - that confirms my understanding. Really helpful.

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
No problem all the best.