How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6390
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

Jenny. I am currently in employment with a UK based

Resolved Question:

Hello Jenny. I am currently in employment with a UK based company but have been offered a role with an Italian company. I would be working at home, the company does not have an office in the UK, and I would undertake product development and contracting work for this Italian company in the Uk and Ireland (it is a travel company). They have offered me an agreed annual payment but asked me to invoice monthly. I need to know if I could register as self employed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Would you supply your own equipment and control your own hours etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jenny

yes i would supply my own equipment and control my own hours.

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
In that case you would be deemed as self employed for tax purposes. You should submit invoices as the employer has requested and submit a self assessment tax return in respect of the work that you do.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
taratill and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you