taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Jenny. I am currently in employment with a UK based

Hello Jenny. I am currently in employment with a UK based company but have been offered a role with an Italian company. I would be working at home, the company does not have an office in the UK, and I would undertake product development and contracting work for this Italian company in the Uk and Ireland (it is a travel company). They have offered me an agreed annual payment but asked me to invoice monthly. I need to know if I could register as self employed.
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Would you supply your own equipment and control your own hours etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jenny

yes i would supply my own equipment and control my own hours.

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
In that case you would be deemed as self employed for tax purposes. You should submit invoices as the employer has requested and submit a self assessment tax return in respect of the work that you do.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.