29905560

I am based in the UK and run a recruitment firm. We were approached

Customer Question

I am based in the UK and run a recruitment firm. We were approached by Travel Job Search about advertising on their site as they get lots of candidates with relevant skills. In the last 2 weeks of using their services we have not had any suitable candidates out of 28 applications received which is less then our current job boards provide. I have told them I have no intention of paying them any further as the service they have provided was not as described. However, their response was that I had signed the contract and was very little I could do about it. Would appreciate some advice on my legal rights.
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Can you tell me about the terms of the contract, the duration? and whether there is a notice period?
Can you also tell me how the contract is not as described?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

12 month contract able to cancel in 6 months.

Told there were a niche travel recruitment job board all applicants apart from 1 have been

poor quality and not travel related

low response levels

cv's not fit for purpose

the worse calibre and response levels we have had from any job board

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Did the agreement itself say the number of candidates you should expect or were you told this in the sales pitch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry i have been offline for a few days , would you still like help with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please their response is I've signed contract and that's it.

they have also said they did not promise me quality candidates just candidates