29905560

I am just looking advice.I currently work in

Customer Question

Hi I am just looking for some advice. I currently work in an office with four/five others. Two posts are part of a job share arrangement. Back in February one part of a job share on a Thurs/Fri decided to do another role and left a problem which needed covering. The proposed person could not work a Friday. I came up with a solution and said I would take on Thurs/Fri as it was in the same office as I work those days to solve the problem. The lady who arranged it all is not there now but she thought it was a great idea and everyone involved was consulted. To do this however I would need to lose some of my work to take it on. The lady who could not work Fridays took on part of my work so I could cover in our office what they originally wanted her to do. Unfortunately, the mon-wed part of the role is retiring and they have gone to post for a full timer and not the part time hours. My fear is that I am now going to be forced out of my role for someone they have in mind to move up from a lower band. By forcing me out of that role we would then have too many hours in our office and I would be forced into a float position cus someone else has took over what I originally did. I think this is unfair when I have been there longer and would be the more experienced.  Unfortunately nothing was put in writing as it was all done internally at the time and was just a new working arrangement. I am emailing management and even informed them of this arrangement. A week later prior to advert they still denied knowing about it. I just don't know where I stand. My fear is that I am going to be forced out of my role and then be expected to train the person they bring in as she is not as experienced. The consultant concerned has said he would rather me take on Wednesday as well and the replacement do Mon/Tues when I am not in and support the office on Wednesday as I have been there nearly six years and it is only right.  I will also be doing his private work. The lady they are trying to bring in joined on a lower band to me in January this year. From what I have read, I don't really think I am in a good position. Although they have said all the hours will be split across two offices to allow for my role, my fear is they will change the goalposts for the person they want.  Prior to advert they even said it was good job they knew cus changing the advert afterwards is not straightforward. They have posted the advert and not reflect the position and said nothing about a split role so are giving people applying a false impression. I don't even know if they are bringing it up at interview or just waiting until the person starts.  I feel they are keeping their options open.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for and what specifically would you like to know about your situation?