29905560

I signed a job contract then was offered the Receptionist role

i signed a job contract then was offered the Receptionist role I wanted.
On day 8 of my employment - while all staff were in training - I was emailed and told they couldn't find a job in the Company to match my skills set.
A weeks notice was required on both sides after 1 week but I wasn't offered this.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Your rights on receiving notice on termination will depend on your length of service and your contract of employment. By law anyone who has worked somewhere for more than a month are entitled to at least a week’s notice in the first 2 years of their employment. As you were only there for 8 days this would not apply to you so your only rights will be those set out in your contract of employment or any other formal agreement you had with the employer. If that provided for a week’s notice then that is what you would be entitled to. If the employer has failed to give you that and pay you for it then they would be acting in breach of contract and you can pursue them for the equivalent of a week’s pay. This can be done in the employment tribunal as a wrongful dismissal claim or in the small claims court as a breach of contract claim. I suggest you contact the employer first though before starting any claims.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you