29905560

Was recently made redundant under the guise of current market

Was recently made redundant under the guise of current market conditions, the decision was to make me redundant was financial with the downturn in the oil & gas sector or so I was told (was working in a recruitment agency in Aberdeenshire).
I subsequently learned that they had appointed another person in a similar role within a couple of weeks of my leaving the company, although I am not sure of their job title.
I had only worked with them for 10 months so I am not sure if I have any recourse or not?
Your advise would be most appreciated!
Donna
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. can you tell me if redundancy was the only option given to you by you company please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ben

No other option was given to me.

Donna

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in a tribunal today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you this afternoon. There is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ben

Thats fine, many thanks for your time.

Donna

thank you I will get back to you ASAP.
Many thanks for your patience. If you have been continuously employed at your place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will unfortunately be somewhat limited. Most importantly, you will not be protected against unfair dismissal. This means that your employer can dismiss you for more or less any reason, and without following a fair procedure, as long as their decision is not based on discriminatory grounds (i.e. because of gender, race, religion, age, a disability, sexual orientation, etc.) or because you were trying to assert any of your statutory rights (e.g. requesting maternity/paternity leave, etc.).
So even if the redundancy was based on unfair grounds and was not even genuine I am afraid you cannot challenge it unless there was a discriminatory reason for your selection, which does not appear to be the case here.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for the information and for the prompt response, much appreciated.

Donna