29905560

My wife is employed part time ave 30 hours per week, the company

Customer Question

My wife is employed part time ave 30 hours per week, the company has set another person on with zero hours contract, this week they have taken this other person with contract for 18 hours per week, My Wife and another person have had their hours reduced, my wife has had 18 hours taken off her, another person has had 4, when my wife asked questions she was told (not by management) that her cut was to enable this person to be employed, my wife asked the new comer and the new comer said that she was a younger person, can they take contracted hours off my wife like they have, and also if they have engaged this other person because she is younger is that discrimination of age? and has this person brought the company into disrepute by stating that she is younger person
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long has she worked there for?
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long has she worked there for?