29905560

In relation to VR, what if the reasons given to an unsuccessful

In relation to VR, what if the reasons given to an unsuccessful applicant are incorrect (e.g.if the employer makes over inflated claims about your skill-set relative to the person who was selected for VR?
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. There is usually very little an employee can do if thy have been unsuccessful in their VR application. When someone applies for VR the employer retains the final discretion on whether to grant that application. Generally they can use whatever reasons they want and even provide incorrect reasoning as long as their decision is not based on discriminatory grounds. That would include not selecting someone due to their age, gender, race, religion, etc. If there are no discriminatory reasons at play then the employer is free to use whatever grounds they want to reject the employee’s application and even if incorrect reasons are provided it does not allow them to legally challenge it. They could of course pursue an informal complaint such as by raising a grievance but if that is rejected then there are no further steps they could realistically take.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you