taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I was suspended from work pending an investigation on January

I was suspended from work pending an investigation on January 5th, the letter stated "on full pay". I had major surgery on my shoulder on the 12th of January and I am still signed off sick following complications. SHould I be receiving salary or sick pay? If I should be receiving salary should I start sick pay once the investigation has ended and I have been cleared of all allegations?
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hello I have asked a follow on question on the other question you asked. Please can you respond to that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where is your folow on question?

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hi I sent one earlier asking whether you are still on suspension and asking how long you have worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been on suspension since Jan 5th 2015 and I have worked for the school since November 2008

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Have you been submitting sick notes? Has the school attempted to hold further hearings but been unable to due to the sick leave?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have been sending in sick notes and I have also been attending the investigation interviews. I have to attend another interview next Tuesday.

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hi if you have been told that you will receive 'full' pay not just pay you are contractually entitled to full pay for the whole period of suspension.
If your employer is telling you otherwise they are wrong about this.
You can submit a grievance and submit a claim on the basis of unlawful deduction of wages in the event that you have had pay deducted.
If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I just ask if my sick pay should start once the investigation is finished?

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Yes once you are no longer suspended then your sick pay will kick in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for helping.

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
No problem, I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer as I am not otherwise credited for my time.
I will be happy to answer any follow on questions you may have in the future.
All the best for the future.