29905560

Please could somebody help me: past 8 years

Customer Question

Hello please could somebody help me: For the past 8 years I have worked as a hospital porter, my contact is a Bridge Contract between the NHS and whichever company they subcontract. It is for 30 hours over 4 days. Recently the subcontract was given to a new company - Sodexo, who have restructured the rota. They have offered me different shifts with reduced hours. These are impossible for me to work due to other commitments (as the days have changed) and the fact that my monthly income would drop by £300. I have told them that I cannot accept this but the new rota starts on Monday and so far no solution has been reached. I have a meeting with the main manager tomorrow, I really need to know what my rights are before this. Can they just sack me, or do they need to make me redundant? I wouldn’t mind the option of redundancy but what are my rights with this? What do I do on Monday as I cannot work this shift? Just to add that i have called the union several times and left messages and have not had any reply.

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you been told if you are transferring to the new employer under TUPE? Also does your current contract state the specific hours and days you are supposed to work or just that you are contracted for 30 hours over 4 days?