taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

My wife has been with a company years and was a senior

my wife has been with a company for 32 years and was a senior manager in accounts payable. they recently decided that she wasn't performing in that role and moved her to debt management which she had never done before. they had no reason to move her as she had never been told she was under performing and her appraisal year on year has been outstanding. she has had no training on the new role she has been given nor are there any clear processes to follow. since moving she has become depressed and is now taking medication for stress and anxiety, she hates going to work and has a sick feeling in her stomach all the time as she is expecting them to knock her down again. what if anything should she do, I've told her to lodge a grievance with HR and get it documented
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
You are quite right that the appropriate thing to do is to raise a grievance to the employer about what has happened.
She needs to be clear that she considers it to amount to a breach of trust and confidence and a breach of the employer's duty to care for her health and safety.
She should set everything out including the fact that they moved her on the grounds of performance without following a procedure.
The employer has a duty to deal with the grievance and cannot take action against your wife for raising it.
I would hope that she will then find that the employer assists her by providing training and other reassurances.
If it does not then your wife can consider her options which may include resigning and claiming constructive dismissal.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Than you and all the best.
taratill, Solicitor
Experience: 15 years experience of advising on employment law matters