29905560

Please can you advise? I have just left the police after

Hi please can you advise? I have just left the police after six months of service to return to my previous career of marketing. The thing is I have decided to leave the police off my cv and references as I feel this would be detrimental to going back into my marketing career (I have been out a year in total)
Is there anyway a new employer can find out about me working for the police?
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you been specifically asked to include your last employer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No not yet but my cv had been submitted without it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ben
Please can you get back to me??
Hi, sorry I lost my connection briefly. It would be quite easy for the new employer to find out about your last employment. When you leave a job you are issued with form P45, which shows the tax you have paid for the current year to date. You then send that to the new employer and they will use it to set up your tax contributions with them. The issue is that this form contains details of your past employer and your leaving date so it would be immediately obvious who you last worked for and when you left their employment. This would not be necessary if you were going to work on a self employed basis as you would be responsible for your own taxes. So at the expense of being found guilty of misrepresentation, which could be a gross misconduct offence, it may be best to be honest and provide details of your past employment. The repercussions of not doing so are greater than if you had included it.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you