29905560

Where does an employer stand when one of his workers phones

Where does an employer stand when one of his workers phones in to say he's staying home to look after a sick child? However, his wife is still going to work and this employee we pay as he's on salary!
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Why do you think he is taking advantage exactly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
His own sickness record has not been good of late. The morning he said he could not come into work he had a full day's work planned at one of my best customers. Bearing in mind he is the main wage earner as his wife works part time.
Every employee has the right to take reasonable time off work to look after dependents. This is basically there to allow them to take reasonable time off in emergency it unexpectedly situations to look after their children. These rights are summarised here:
https://www.gov.uk/time-off-for-dependants/your-rights
You will see that you do not actually have to pay him for that time off so if the issue is with pay you can take these days off from his pay. That is unless he has taken them as annual leave.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.