29905560

I have returned to work on April 1st. last week my boss

Hi, I have returned to work on April 1st. last week my boss announced that my positions is being redundant and asked me to feel free and apply for a different roles within the department, which are not suitable for me and no point to apply for them. I want to ask: is there a maternity law that covers me for some time after coming back from the maternity leave? please can you let me know asap as I have to reply to my boss in couple of days. thank you.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Ben, thank you for responding. I have worked for the company for 4 years.

Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Many thanks for your patience. There is no specific protection which guarantees your job for any period of time after you return from maternity leave. In fact you could be made redundant whilst you are away on ML, although you would generally get priority over any suitable alternative employment that exists. However, if no suitable alternatives exist you could be made redundant during ML or at any time after you return. The key is that you should not be selected for redundancy because of the fact you were off on ML. So for example if the employer has used any factors linked to you being off to select you for redundancy that could be discriminatory., But if you are treated the same as any other employee and your time on ML does not in any way affect your selection for redundancy then your employer would not be doing anything wrong in commencing redundancy proceedings now, even if it is so soon after your return to work.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you