29905560

Good afternoon, I'm a self employed dentist, I work

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I'm a self employed dentist, I work for a dental corporate and have handed my "resignation" letter monday morning. The contract i have signed talks about a 3 month notice period but in my letter, I say I have a new position to start working at in the beginning of September and that I hope they understand I will not fulfill the notice clause and that I also hope they won't regard this as breach of contract. I haven't had any reply to my letter yet. Shall I assume that they have accepted my letter? Is there a legal time for them to answer it?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
You should not just assume that they have accepted your offer if you have not received a reply from them. As you are varying the terms of the contract you have, you need their consent to do so. Failure to reply does not mean that they have accepted it and also there is no specified time limit within which they have to reply. Ideally you want some form of confirmation from them that states they have accepted your proposal. What you could do is draft a new resignation with the same proposal but state that if you do not hear back from them within a specified period of time you would assume that your proposal has been accepted. If you can submit that in person so that you know it has been received and they have read the contents. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you