29905560

I currently working self employed company, when i started

Customer Question

I currently working self employed for a company, when i started at the company as a consultant i was asked via email to have an 8 week notice period, i replied to the email saying 'ok yes to the 8 weeks'. I am now going to leave as i am relocating and i noticed my signed consultancy agreement does not mention a notice period but i have a copy of the email requesting and agreeing to 8 weeks notice. I am willing to give the 8 weeks notice to leave but is this risky? Could the company ask me to leave earlier as it is not stated in the signed agreement?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you think it is likely they may ask you to leave on shorter notice?