29905560

If you are contracted to do 30 hours or more a week, in the

if you are contracted to do 30 hours or more a week, in the hotel /bar/restraint industry , are you entitled to holiday and sick pay
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What's the nature of your job and are you an employee or self employed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my daughter works Whitbread hotels and restaurants for the last 18 months as an employee

The entitlement to holidays applies to all workers including employees and it does not matter how many hours they are contracted for. A full time employee is entitled to at least 28 days holiday a year and those who work part time will be entitled to a pro rata of that allowance.
Holiday allowance can be calculated here:
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-holiday-entitlement
Statutory sick pay is also a legal right for employees although whether it is payable depends on how much the worker earns. Statutory sick pay is also only payable once someone has been off sick for at least 4 days in a row. Eligibility criteria can be found here:
https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay/overview
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you