29905560

I am planning on taking voluntary redundancy - if I get a job

I am planning on taking voluntary redundancy - if I get a job before this is agreed, would I still get redundancy pay?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you work in the public sector or for a private employer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

private employer

You could indeed have a new job lined up and still be entitled to a redundancy payment. If you are being made redundant that does not mean you have to remain unemployed and it is obviously expected that you would be looking for a new job as soon as possible and may sometimes already have something lined up. The only thing to watch out for is if you are being made redundant and they are using a settlement agreement - that may contain warranties such as that you do not have another job lined up. This is really the only time this may be an issue but it only depends on you being made redundant via a settlement agreement and there being a specific warranty like that in it.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you