Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

I have been hired in a firm along with 9 other people. All

I have been hired in a firm along with 9 other people. All the 10 of us have similar backgrounds, experience levels and we were peers in the industry. The remaining 9 people have been hired into a higher career level than me. Is there any UK Law that ensures
parity in Hiring decisions made my UK companies.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank for your question.
No. If you are offered a particular job and you accepted it, the other people are irrelevant as is past experience and
status.
This is a matter of contract. Happy to discuss further.
I hope that helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
During the recruitment process, i have been told that1. I will be handling the UK & I region and the market is most critical and largest in the Europe for the company.
2. I have been told that me and my peers will be hired in the same level.both of the commitments that were made during the interview process turned out to be factually incorrect. How do i handle this situation as i have realized that the data that was presented to me was not correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pls kindly answer this question and i shall complete the transaction.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The interview isn't really relevant. What is relevant is the job you were offered and accepted.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was in discussions with the firm for a Job. There are two levels essentially, Level 3 and Level 4. Level 3 is more senior to Level 4. I was offered Level 4 after the recruitment process. I rejected the offer as I believed that Level 3 is more appropriate for my experience. I have been committed Level 4 is the role at which all my peers are coming in and that I will be taking on a very important and critical role and will be quickly promoted to Level 3. I had accepted the offer based on this commitment and then realized that what they said was not true. All my peers came in at Level 3. The role was not critical to Europe. I feel i have been duped during the selection process and none of what they said came out to be true.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Did you accept level 4 or level 3?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I accepted Level 4 with the assumption that all my Peers were joining at Level 4 as communicated by the Firm and with the Assumption that the role was the most critical and largest in revenue as communicated by the Firm during the selection process..Now i realize that my peers have joined in Level 3 and my role is not the largest in revenue as communicated by the Firm.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response. I'm afraid you don't have any recourse here unless you have a claim under the Equality Act on ground of sex, race etc. If the issue relates to job status alone then you have no recourse I'm afraid.
Experience: 30 years experience as a solicitor.