29905560

I am a contractor in the I.T field /Hyphen. My contract

Customer Question

I am a contractor in the I.T field for Airbus/Hyphen. My contract is for 6 months with no get out clause although they can give me 2 weeks notice.
I have decided, 2 months before the end (after10 yrs worrking for them) to persue a new contract. Hyphen are going to sue me for breach of contract unless I complete the term of the contract...the full 6 months.
Can they do that?
Is a contract with a no get out clause legal if they can give me 2 weeks notice?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are they likely to suffer a financial loss if you fail to complete the contract? Obviously they won't have to pay you for work you do not do?