13262538

I have been offered a job as a pathology technician, but wish

Customer Question

I have been offered a job as a pathology technician, but wish to decline a Hepatitis vaccination for health reasons. Can they refuse to employ me if I don't have this done?
Thank you for your question
My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you
It is likely that the vaccination is in fact a requirement of the job and if it is then yes they can refuse to employ you if you are not able to have the vaccination
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

To expand, my potential job involves assisting with post mortems. However, the hospital are saying I must have a course of Hepatitis injections before medical clearance. Due to a history of severe drug allergy (life threatening) I don't want to have this. Am prepared to sign a disclaimer. Can they by law make me have these injections and deny my right to the job because of it, even though it wasn't made clear this was an essential criteria? Many thanks

They cannot make you have the injections.
They CAN withdraw the job offer if you do not have them
You can certainly complain that the requirement was not made clear but your loss is minimal so you claim would also be.