29905560

I am looking to employ an ex colleague who left the island

Customer Question

I am looking to employ an ex colleague who left the island 14 years ago after being here for 21 years.Is this aloud.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Why do you think it may not be allowed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

something to do with a 5 year rule ?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
This may be a specific matter to Jersey and we do not have any Jersey lawyers unfortunately, only UK law. Do you want me to close the question and issue a refund?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Jersey, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please close the question

thanks