29905560

My daughter is 12 weeks pregnant she's having trouble with

Customer Question

My daughter is 12 weeks pregnant she's having trouble with line manager saying she has to pay back time or lose money for going out for her 12 week scan on Friday .they are making her stressed and upset over her being pregnant and having time off when she was being sick . Can they do this ?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. No they certainly cannot do this, it is most likely going to amount to discrimination. The law allows pregnant employees to get paid time off to attend antenatal appointments, see here: https://www.gov.uk/working-when-pregnant-your-rights If she is not getting her rights in work then she can raise a formal grievance and if the employer continues to treat her unfairly, she can consider a discrimination claim in the employment tribunal. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.