taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

An employee who commenced as a major account manager on the

An employee who commenced as a major account manager on the 31st March 14 has recently had a review with his new line manager and it has be indentifed that the role is not working out. However it has been commended that a more suitable role of a Regional Account Manager would be better suited which the employee completely agrees. In the new role as he is reporting to a new line manager and this is a new role for the individual we want to ensure he is getting the training and guidance he requires to achieve and meet the new targets set for his new role. If we suggest a three month probation period in the role I am correct in saying the his notice requirements are the same as when he completed his 6 months probation in Sept 2014 (i.e. the details set out in his contract Less than 6 months service 4 weeks & 6 months or more service 13 weeks - this is from either side) .
:)
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help to you today.
As his continuous service started on 31st March 2014 the notice is 13 weeks under the contract.
The fact that you are putting a probation period on the new role does not alter that, unless he agrees to it, which is unlikely.
If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.