29905560

I am a contractor with a limited company. the agency i am

hi i am a contractor with a limited company. the agency i am working through is asking me to submit timesheets when coming to the end of the month that cover the remaining days of the month before the time is worked. I have said that I am not happy to do that as I believe it has the potential to be considered fraudulent. what do you think?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is this working practice specified in a policy or your contract?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says that time sheets should be completed by 4pm on Fridays or as specified from time to time, and always within one month of completing the work
Hello, I can see what your concerns are but this is not necessarily going to be a problem, depending on how it is dealt with. For example, you may claim an estimate for the remaining hours of the month, but once these have been worked your next timesheet or ay could be adjusted to reflect any under- or over-payment. Even if no adjustments are made, if the employer is actually happy for this procedure to be in place and they have agreed to it then you are not really doing anything wrong by complying with it. Fraud would only be an issue if you are trying to defraud the employer, in a sense that you are doing something dishonest without their knowledge. This is not really going to be the case here as you are just following the agency’s instructions but to cover yourself I would suggest that you run this past the employer as well, so that you are all on the same page so to speak. They may be aware of this already and if they are not, it gives them the opportunity to comment or dispute it if necessary.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you