29905560

There, There are redundancies at my workplace and my contract

Customer Question

Hi there,
There are redundancies at my workplace and my contract states I am an "IAC Co-ordinator" although my job is 50% that and 50% "IAC Ops".
I was told from the start that my job would be 50/50 but my contract is for Co-Ordinator.
All of the Co-ordinators are losing their jobs (including me) but I can prove through rosters that I am 50% Ops. Do I have any way of securing 50% of my job? (The other Ops people are not at risk just now).
Please can you give me any advice?
Thanks,
Heather
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have been with the company for about 5 years but in this position 6 months

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About 5 years as cabin crew then I took this job with same company

The employer should not just go by what is on your contract and the actual reality must be considered. So if they are making you redundant from a job which is only half of what you do, they should indeed consider keeping you part time in the other half of the job you do. However, that is not guaranteed, for example there may not be just a part time position available so it does depend on the employer’s circumstances and the needs of the business.
I would certainly advise you to raise this issue with the employer. It is not just the contract they should look at but the actual situation and consider what you would normally do for work. So they could make you redundant from the Ops role but they should consider allowing you to remain in the other role. If they reuse with no reasonable explanation then you could appeal the redundancy once confirmed. If the appeal is also rejected you could consider an unfair dismissal claim in the employment tribunal.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.