29905560

I am currently on probation with my company and have been suspended

I am currently on probation with my company and have been suspended on full pay today. I have been asked to attend an investigation hearing on Monday but have collapsed today and been to A&E diagnosed with stress and anxiety. If I hand in my sick note on Monday will they keep me on full pay or class me as sick (I don't get sick pay)? I currently have a grievance in against my manager for bullying and harassment.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the reason for suspension?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was asked to go into a mediation meeting with my Head of Retail and my Manager. I told them I was happy to do this as long as I could take a member of staff with me just as a witness. Soon after this I was approached by another member of management to say I was suspended on full pay because of refusing a reasonable management request. My grievance has gone to appeal which is also due to be held on Monday.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you have been signed off sick and that is the reason you are not attending work then you will be treated as being off sick and old not be paid your normal pay unless there is a company sick pay benefit. The fact that you are off due to stress and anxiety because of a work related matter would not make any difference. So if you hand in your sick note on Monday and do not attend work because you are off sick then tour employer will treat you as any other employee on sick leave and if no sick pay benefits exist you will not be paid for the time although you may become eligible for Statutory Sick Pay after 4 days off