29905560

Can you stipulate when you your employee takes time

Customer Question

Can you stipulate when you your employee takes time off for holiday?
thanks
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Yes an employer can stipulate when its employees take their holidays. To be able to do so the employer must give the employee minimum notice which has to be at least twice as long as the holiday to be taken., SO if for example the employer wants an employee to take 5 days on a specific date, they must tell the employee at least 10 days in advance. As long as the required notice has been given the employee will be required to take its holidays as instructed by the employer
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.