29905560

I work as a community nurse in Manchester and have been

Customer Question

Hi i work as a community nurse in Manchester and have been employed and worked for the nhs for 11 years. I have been experiencing some sever bad luck over the past 2 years. Last year I was involved in an incident where a patients medications went missing from his home. I had absolutely nothing to do with what happened but unfortunately an investigation took place and I ended up being given a final warning. That issue has been resolved and I was given the final warning and was able to return back to work as a community nurse. Now it's happened again. Myself and a colleague had gone to visit a patient on a Friday morning, by the following Monday myself and another colleague had visited this gentleman again to which he then told us that some of his medication had gone missing. He is self caring with his medication so we as nurses are not involved in doing anything to do with his medication. Due to the nature of my job, naturally an investigation is currently taking place to figure out what happened to his medication. This all happened 5 weeks ago, and was informed that I was being partially suspended from practice whilst the investigation was going on. During this time I have taken some annual leave, doing as i was told to do, going to work at another non clinical location and up until this past week I have ended up taking some time off sick. I'm scared to death that I'm going to lose my job which would result in being kicked off the register. I'm so stressed right now, any advice or reassurance would be great. Thank you
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is it just the employer who is investigating or your regulatory body too?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ben
I know this may sound daft, but I'm not completely sure. It's just a process that automatically happens once an incident report has been completed and the the cogs get moving when it's determined that an investigation needs to be carried out. I believe a lady from senior management from a different area of medicine is carrying out the investigation.
Because of the nature of the missing medication the police did have to be contacted so that they could do their part. Thankfully they never contacted me about anything.
Emma
How could the employer think this is your fault in any way?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
O
Can you please check your last response thanks