I have a new question (I am going to be paid worked

I have a new question (I am going to be paid for time worked but they have also said below)
I have a new contract new company etc in 2 weeks but clearly i will need to account for periods of time elsewhere. From 15 June 2015 to 20 August 2015 I was a Ltd company on this contract below (4 months prior to that under a Umbrellas status)
Their basically saying as a limited company i can confirm the period I worked on the contract as a Ltd company. ?? All I wanted them to do is confirm i worked from 15/6/ to 20/8 as i assume a new employer wont accept my word for it ??
My umbrella company will of course give me the dates when i worked for them
I am just looking for confirmed dates of work not 'references'
Finally, to clarify any queries you had with regards ***** *****; we understand that Maria spoke to you last Friday to explain that the Deloitte practice is not to provide references to the personnel of sub-contractor companies we engage with on the basis that the company who provides the personnel are directly responsible for their staff. Consequently, if we are approached by any third party for a reference (whether orally or in writing) regarding you/your work we will decline the request as we would do for anyone.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I don't quite understand your question on this, can you please clarify thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You responded the other day

Basically I was dismissed for gross mis conduct while on a project for Deloitte /Barclays last week.

They have already agreed to pay me up to my time of dismissal

As a contractor working in the financial services i always need to account for the last 5 years of work with exact dates, what project etc

When I worked under a umbrella status as a 'employee' they would confirm 'stewart worked from X date to Y date last job was XT etc

I went to Ltd status in June 2015 same contract.

I assumed Deloitte 'if' asked would confirm I (the Ltd company) worked for them from 15 June to 20 August on this project.

If they 'refused' to confirm i worked for them this could create problems.

I am not looking for a 'reference' just work dates

Or is it standard practice that my Ltd company will confirm the subcontractor ie me worked on that project. ?

If they need proper 'references' I can supply that.

I have a new contract starting in two weeks and they will be asking for work dates.

I can of course just ignore mid June to 20 August and advise i wasn't working but that could create problems

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
So what was the set up when you were a Ltd company in that short period of time. Did you set up the company yourself and get employed directly with the employer through that company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I set up the Ltd company myself just me 'working' for it

I had to have a amended contract agreed with the employer Deloitte.

Basically it was the same contract as I had via the umbrella but it just replaced my Ltd company name from the Umbrella name

It said the sub contractor was my Ltd company ie Stewart C Limited and clause 1.7 stewart smith (ie me) would perform the services.

This was my only work and the Ltd company was set up only because of this contract.

Can they Deloitte refuse to say i worked for them, they seem to suggest thats normal.??

I don't have a accountant yet for this Ltd company

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I have a response ?

Or do you need more info

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the company is under no legal obligation to inform your new employer about the fact you worked for them under a Ltd company. So if they really wanted to they can remain silent on that issue. Instead it would be you who provides details of this period of employment. You will have proof that the company exists and if you did work for that employer then you would have invoiced them or have some other proof of the work you did for them and the payments you received. This should be sufficient to prove that you worked for them for the dates in question. Also you may not have an accountant yet but eventually you would need to submit a tax return or accounts and the details of this work would be documented. So on the assumption that you are legally required to provide factually correct information with regards ***** ***** would be considered sufficient to confirm that you were employed on these dates and that you did work for the company in question.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'