29905560

I was promoted back on November 2014 to a higher role however

Hi, I was promoted back on November 2014 to a higher role however my employer would not pay me my pay rise until the end of the financial year. I declined the offer in which my employer asked me to place monthly claims on the company claims system and place it down as mileage claim which equaled the amount i should have received for my pay hike. For 8 months i was claiming mileage claims in order to receive my own pay hike. At the end of the financial year i had to again chase multiple times to get the company to get my pay hike sorted which took another few months. is this the correct procedure for the company to complete my pay hike this way, this put me in a stressful position in which i was not happy about?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. No this is not the usual way to do things and deal with a pay rise. However, I do not know what the reasons behind this ere. For example, the employer's systems may have been difficult to adjust to reflect the pay rise until the new financial year came. Or there could have been other administrative reasons behind their decision. So I cannot comment on why they did it that way but the key is that as long as you were paid what you were due and the employer had deducted the correct taxes from this income then it does not really matter in what way you had to claim this pay rise. The inconvenience you were put through is not something which would make their actions unlawful, although you can complain internally about this.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you