29905560

I was sack from my job on Thursday because and employer has

Customer Question

I was sack from my job on Thursday because and employer has spoken to me with regards ***** ***** job. Told one of the employees that I thought I trusted who then in turn informed by boss. Was askedto come to the meeting room at 4.55pm on Thursday never know what it was about was never asked if I want a witness with me, but bsos took an employee in the room as well. It was informal no greivence procedure of any kind followed and was asked to leave immediate because I had been offered a job, I told them I didn't know if I would take the job, but the lady I had spoken to we have been friends for year
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long did you work there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

from the 8th December 2014 till lastThursday

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

8th December till last Thursday

If you have been continuously employed at your place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will unfortunately be somewhat limited. Most importantly, you will not be protected against unfair dismissal. This means that your employer can dismiss you for more or less any reason, and without following a fair procedure, as long as their decision is not based on discriminatory grounds (i.e. because of gender, race, religion, age, a disability, sexual orientation, etc.) or because you were trying to assert any of your statutory rights (e.g. requesting maternity/paternity leave, etc.). If the dismissal had nothing to do with any of the above exceptions then you would not be able to challenge it and your only protection would be if you were not paid your contractual notice period, because unless you were dismissed for gross misconduct, you would be entitled to receive your contractual notice period. If you did not have a written contract in place you would be entitled to the minimum statutory notice period of 1 week. Your employer would either have to allow you to work that notice period and pay you as normal, or they will have to pay you in lieu of notice. If you were not paid your notice period when you were due one, that would amount to wrongful dismissal (which is different to unfair dismissal) and you could make a claim in an employment tribunal to recover the pay for the notice period that you should have been given. There is a 3-month time limit from the date of dismissal to submit the claim. I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you