29905560

I have been requested to remove one of our employees from a

I have been requested to remove one of our employees from a customer site due to a complaint from the customer about his unhelpful and rude behaviour. This is our largest customer and therefore need to keep them happy. The problem I have is if I remove him from his duties on the customer site I have no where to put him within our branch location as we are fully staffed. I am exploring whether any of the branch staff would be suitable to work on site however at this point the only skilled individuals don't drive so they wouldn't be able to travel from site locations when required. The employee who we have been asked to remove from the customer premises has under 2 years service with us but I just wanted some advise on the easiest and fairest to lose this individual as I have no position to can physically move him to.
many thanks
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Your position is quite favourable because with less than 2 years’ service they are not protected against unfair dismissal. So legally you can terminate their employment without much risk simply by giving them the contractual notice period you are entitled to. You could of course try and avoid dismissal by finding them something else they can and are happy to do but if that is not possible then you may have to resort to terminating their employment and this would be relatively easy to do in the circumstances. You can simply issue them with the required notice and advise them that their employment is being terminated – you have to pay them for all work done to date, the notice period and accrued holidays.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you