Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

I have been given a weeks notice in writing and confirmed this

I have been given a weeks notice in writing and confirmed this date. I am entitled to 1 months notice and informed my employer he is due me 3 weeks pay in lieu, he now says that he is changing my notice and make me work the extra 3 weeks
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland.
As the employer has confirmed the termination date, and you could have relied on this for getting another job for instance, the employer is stuck with this but still has to pay you for four weeks as that is your minimum notice entitlement. I don't think that the employer can change the termination date once it has been given.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks I have informed my employer that I have temporary work to start next week and he says I can go but won't pay me in lieu of notice
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
In that case you can make a wages claim to the Employment Tribunal.