29905560

What does SEAL mean next to the companies name on a employment

what does SEAL mean next to the companies name on a employment contract?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is this a UK-registered company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it is

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the full name or company number so I can check it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

08130611

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a copy of the contract you may be able to attach on here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i dont. it just says

Employer:

Per ___________ (SEAL)

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I have never seen this before and having asked some colleagues they also do not know what it would be for. It is nothing legal which would affect your contract or your rights in any way. It may be an old template where they would have left space for a company seal but this is not done any more. Your best bet is to ask the company directly as they would know exactly why it was there but legally it is nothing for you to concerned about. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you. someone mentioned it might have reference to how long the contract is enforceable after i leave?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean how long the contract is enforceable after you leave - if you leave the contract terminates there and then. There may be some restrictions after you leave, such as working for a competitor, etc but these are dealt with under a separate restrictive covenant clause in the contract, nothing to do with just a term next to the company's name.