29905560

I am an italian teacher, just moved to uk. I found a

hi, I am an italian teacher, just moved to uk. I found a part-time job in a school, because an agency contacted me. after going to school for the first 2 days, they asked me to sign a contract with the agency that would prevent me from finding other job for 4 weeks, if I want to quit with them. i am actually working only 5 hours per week now, so of course I need another job. Is this normal? Moreover, the contract states that I can not work with the same school they found for me for six months, if they want to hire me independently. Now, I didn't sign this contract yet, but I signed another one with a payroll agency which works for this recruitment agency, and I can end it with only one week notice. If I don't sign with the recruitment agency, can the school still hire me? There are emails proving that the recruitment agency found me for them, though.

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When did you start working through this agency?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I went to do my first lessons in this school on tuesday. They sent me the contract to sing on Thursday, and I should sign it before Monday, but haven't signed it yet.

Is this the first time you saw the contract?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, on thursday

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

moreover, the contract is very strange, i am not even sure i can sign it: it is between me as employee of the payroll company (which doesn't make any sense, I am a teacher, not an accountant!) and the recruitment agency. I should work as an employee of the company which provides my tax services and as a consultant for the recruitment agency. NEVER SEEN SUCH A THING.

At the end of the contract, I am asked to confirm the bank details of the accountants' company (of which I have no idea), so that my money can go to them first, and then get to me, after taxation. incredible.

Thanks I will respond today with my full answer