taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

It was announced that Flowserve corporation closing its UK

Customer Question

It was announced that Flowserve corporation closing its UK operations. I am working in their UK facility. Since learning that news I have started actively seeking an employment and was offered a job. I have put in my resignation. However, the consultation period is not yet over. I was told that because I have resigned I will not be entitled to the redudndancy payout. I have worked for the company for over 9 years and am over 40 years old. Would you please advise what are my chances for getting the rudundancy payout. Diana Laverick

Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Why have you resigned is it to go to another job?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have found another job

Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hi unfortunately for you if you leave to attend another job in these circumstances then you would not be entitled to receive redundancy pay. In order to eligible to receive the pay the termination has to be at the end of a redundancy notice period. If it is not then the company does not have to pay you.

I am sorry that this is not the answer you were looking for.

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.