29905560

Have been a full-time manager months in a small offee

Have been a full-time manager for 6 months in a small offee shop and been told I have to be let go due to financial struggles of the owner. She will be taking over my job. Am I entitled to anything since I will be out of a job at the end of the month?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have a contractual notice period in place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, because I screwed up :)
Owner of business is a friend.

She said I can work until the end of the month then she'll take over in Nov. Has said she is looking at selling her two businesses at a later date.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your patience. Your rights will be somewhat limited due to your short length of service. If you do not have at least 2 years’ continuous service with the employer you will not have protection against unfair dismissal, nor will you be entitled to any redundancy pay. This means that you could be dismissed for more or less any reason, such as the one here, and you will not be able to receive any redundancy pay in the process. You will still have rights to receive certain other payments, which are:
• All pay for the time worked up until your last day of employment
• All outstanding holidays
• Your notice period, which in the absence of a contract, would be the minimum statutory notice entitlement of 1 week, so basically a week’s pay. You could be asked to work during that period and just be paid as normal.
So this is what you are entitled to by law. Anything on top of that is entirely at the employer’s discretion – I suppose you have nothing to lose by asking for an ex-gratia payment but if they a struggling financially chances are they would refuse and would be in their right to do so.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'