29905560

I have worked company 4 years (less 3

I have worked for a company for practically 4 years (less 3 weeks). The CEO (and board) decided that my department needed a restructure which saw my department falling under the governance of another department and as a result I was demoted from a manager reporting to the CEO, reporting to a line manager who was on equal standing with me.
A accepted this without complaint as it was pointed out that it was for the best interest of the company.
I was then informed that my job role was to be changed and as a result of this my salary would drop from £27.393 to £19,000. I found this difficult to accept as it would not meet my monthly outgoings and sought employment elsewhere. I found another job and gave a month's notice of resignation, which I am working through (one more week to go)
However I now see that my old job is being advertised for a salary of £24,000 to £26,000!
I feel that I have been unfairly treated here and manipulated out of employment with this company. Any advice please?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you still working there and when did you resign?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben
I am currently working my notice of resignation; my last day ebing Friday 16th October. I handed in my resignation on Thursday 18th September.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Is your new job paying similar to what you used to earn before the changes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
almost the same.... £26,000 instead of £27,393.
But its not for the same company.
The original offer at the existing firm was for £16,000 but I refused to consider that; a revised offer of £19,000 was made.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
In these circumstances your option would be to continue with the resignation and make a claim for constructive dismissal. However, the issue there is that such a claim will only compensate you for loss of earnings which you have incurred as a result of being forced to leave. If you have found a new job which pays more or less the same, then your loss of earnings will be minimal and not worth going to tribunal for. This claim is really for someone who has been forced to resign and found themselves with no job or one that pays significantly less. That is when it is worth making such a claim. So whilst it is possible to claim against the company for the position you have been put in, your claim will only be limited to the loss of earnings suffered and as I said they will not be worth going through tribunal for. You can of course negotiate with the current employer and ask them to consider letting you remain in your job and point out that they will get someone new and pay them what you are willing to accept anyway, but it is for them to decide whether they want to allow you to retract your resignation and stay. If they do not, then your only option is the constructive dismissal claim as mentioned, but bear in mind that the costs and tie you put into it may not be worth the potential compensation you will get because you have a new job that pays more or less the same. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the guidance.