taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Jenny, Following on from my email of last night to you

Hi Jenny,
Following on from my email of last night to you (along with latest letter which I attached) re ongoing legal matters with Advantage Publishing.
If you can review this for me that would be great.
My new worry about this is if they go through their computer systems and find old emails where I sent copies of databases to myself when I was working at home on behalf of the company. Between 2007-2015 I worked quite a lot from home, but this was agreed with the MD at the time as it related to him asking me to work from home, or to take work home with me due to impending bad weather for which I could not get into the office. As a result I would on occasions work on databases, either amending, deleting or adding new contacts via research. But I always emailed these back to the office and deleted the ones I had from my original email from my home computer. And my worry is that they will use this against me - even though I never saved any databases on my home computer.
Appreciate your help on this one Jenny.
Best Regards,
Nigel Smith
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hi so are you saying you sent the database home to yourself as recently as 2015?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot remember working from home this year (Jan-Apr) on a database. I did work from home in February for a couple of days but that did not involve database work.

Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
So do you know roughly when you might have sent the data base to your home email and would this be with the consent of the employer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would have sent the database via my work email address which I could log onto from home. However I honestly cannot remember the last time I worked on the database from home. It's only a guess but I would think around 18-20 months ago (from my leaving date of April this year). And yes, the MD always knew what I would be working on from home.

Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Ok in that case I think that the letter you respond with should make reference to that and the undertakings need to be slightly modified. I will offer as an additional service to draft.