29905560

I have a staff member who used to work 30 hours a week in my

Customer Question

I have a staff member who used to work 30 hours a week in my shop until i told her she was to be made redundant . So to cover her back she found another job for 12 hours a week and she is now working 18 hours in the shop. should her redundancy be calculated
on 18 hours which she is working now or on 30 hours she use to work before she got informed of the possibility to be made redundant?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When did she change her hours, was she issued with notice of redundancy at the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just locating the details Ben. Please bear with me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben. I cannot put my hand on the correspondence. I take it if she was issued with her letter of redundancy when she worked 30 hours then she would have her redundancy based on that. If she was issued when 18 hours then based on that figure.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Yes it would depend on when she was issued with notice of redundancy. If she was told that she may be at risk of redundancy and in response went on to find a new job and reduce her hours with you, then you will pay her redundancy based on the reduced hours. Being at risk of redundancy does not mean she will be made redundant and there is still a chance she could keep her job, so if she decides to reduce her hours as a result then her new job will become that reduced hours one and if she is eventually made redundant it is her job at the time which will dictate her redundancy pay. However, if she was issued with notice of redundancy and then during her notice period went on to reduce her hours you should still pay her redundancy based on the hours she did before.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.